Thursday, August 7, 2008

My New Role - Mythical Creature with Wings

While I'm sure I always had a hidden desire as a child to one day become a small winged creature with powers, I was not quite prepared to become one so suddenly this evening.
Yes, Claire lost her first tooth tonight at dinner. She has been wiggling it for a month. That alone should have prepared me, but no, I am perpetually in denial, especially with the children.
So tonight, while Claire was wiggling her tooth and Warren said, whoa, that is loose, I could pull it out right now if you want. I yelled NO! Everyone looked at me. I said, her first tooth, I do not have a camera ready, I am not prepared, you absolutely CANNOT lose a tooth right now. I am not ready.
Well they showed me. Warren thoughtfully looked at it again and said, well I'm sure it will come out tomorrow, it is very loose. I went back to eating, we all went back to eating. Tomorrow I could handle. Tonight not so much. Of course we had corn on the cob for dinner. I ask you, how can you NOT lose a tooth with corn on the cob. I should have grabbed it from her plate. So out came the tooth, with much pomp and circumstance. I got the camera. We lost it in the carpet on the way to her bedroom to find the tooth fairy pillow. I found it in the carpet. Yes, I yelled into the kitchem , I found it! We put it in the pillow. We went back to dinner and talked about what the tooth fairy might be bringing. Claire is hoping for a penny. I think she/we can manage a penny.
Hope you are enjoying the heat, we are enjoying many water balloons and losing teeth. Graham, not to be left out, had me take a picture of his mouth as well.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

wow!!!!! What a big milestone, I think I need to grab a tissue, when did it happen when she went from a little girl to a big girl? Congrats Claire!

Jen said...

Yay Claire! Good job with the wiggling too! I just found out the "rules for loose teeth" from the hygienist: wiggle it at least 3 times per day and always wash hands before wiggling it. I had no idea there were "rules" but Abby has one that is a teeny bit wiggly so she informed us!

Kakali said...

What a sweet milestone!
Hope the mythical winged creature is getting ready for many more visits in the coming year :)