Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quilting

I have been thinking about my blog lately and reflecting. The primary purpose has always been for me to journal the things that happen in our lives in order for it to be easier for me to scrapbook when I get around to printing and slapping the photos down. The secondary purpose is to keep friends and family in the loop and easily show pictures, and really without this aspect I probably wouldn't do it, so it is a close second. In the last month I have been posting less and have seen it more as a chore. Therefore I have been thinking about how I can reenergize and refocus. The result? I have added some new things on the right, a poll, some links, etc. I am also going to add more of myself starting with my quilting. I think this will give me more excitement about updating and also you, the reader, a better look into Danielle.
On that note; these are 2 photos of quilts I am working on. The first is a Christmas quilt on the design wall and the second is a quilt I am quilting. I always have several quilts in progress, sometimes up to 20, in various stages of completion. For those not familiar with quilting there are several 'steps' to quilting and I love each step, but I don't always feel in the mood for every step. So I may spend months starting quilts, or I may feel the need to 'complete' a quilt so I will spend months quilting. Regardless it takes months even years to complete any one quilt and I have several quilts in all stages of completion. Whatever mood I am in, I have a quilt to work on. In the right hand margin I will update the quilts I am working on, I will start with the quilt on the design wall and the quilt I am quilting. In the future I will probably add the quilts which are 'on the shelf', 'not yet started', 'waiting for binding', 'waiting to be pieced' and the 'UFOs (Un Finished Objects)', 'Finished' , etc.
I hope you enjoy this new glimpse into my life.
Danielle

No comments: