Sunday, April 27, 2008

Which Cart Is Mine?

Yesterday was such a beautiful day! We met Jenna and Logan at the park at 9:30am, whew! Graham and Logan had a fun time playing with each other. Claire was the only child over 3, but she had fun playing with a dog for a while and riding her bike. This week she mastered the 'zip line', she can now get from one end to the other with no help!
We played until 11 then the kids and I headed to Top Foods to shop. Claire went into the play area but Graham preferred to shop with me. I was stocking our cart with produce, back and forth from cart to piles of fruit and veggies. Then I was done and off I went towards the bread. Something clicked in my head and I said, hmmmm, this cart is suddenly much easier to push, where is that big car that is attached to the front, Oh, my god! Where is Graham?! Yes, I had merrily walked off with someone else's cart, I came flying back around the corner, to see a puzzled woman holding her fruit mid air. Our eyes met, I put her cart in front of her, moved to my cart, checked on Graham, turned back to her and said I don't know how that happened. She laughed and said oh, I understand I have 5 of them. In those small 5 words she conveyed so much, the distraction, the rushing, the sleep deprivation. Graham fell asleep in the car/cart while I was paying. We hurried home to nap, both of us!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

oh my gosh, that is too funny!

Jen said...

LOL! Thank goodness it was an understanding mom!