Last night Claire drew a picture of our family. She drew Warren and Graham with no pants, anatomically correct. See picture above, from left to right, it is Graham, Claire, Me and Warren. Warren was drawn like a snowman, she has been transitioning from snowmen to stick people for the last few months. Warren asked her to draw him with his pants on next time. :) We were home sick again today. At 9:30am, Claire asked to make pretzels. I said, sure as soon as I finished folding laundry, we can make pretzels.
10am - can we make pretzels? Well, I am still putting the laundry away.
10:30am - Are the pretzels done yet? Well no, but let's go start them!
So we moved to the kitchen and I started measuring things and learning all about pretzel making. We got the beginning part done, to where they needed to rise for 1.5 hours. Both Claire and Graham were given part of the dough and they were happily rolling it. Warren walked up and asked what we were doing. I said making pretzels.
12:30pm - Graham napped, Claire and I went to Costco, the dough rested and I put the purchases away. Then Claire and I punched the dough and let it rest for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile I got the water boiling and the oven preheated.
3:30pm - We rolled out the dough, Claire and Graham ate lots of blueberries that we had purchased at Costco. I cut 1/2" strips and started to make pretzels. Being spatially challenged I called Warren up to help me. Turns out I know more than I thought. He left and I perfected the technique. I guess I have learned a lot watching the folks at Auntie Annie's at the mall.
So we made our pretzels, broiled them quickly, boiled them, then baked them. Once they were done I asked Claire to try one. What do you think? They don't taste like the ones at the mall. Warren, Graham and I ate 3. We ate enough that I didn't fix dinner, I was full, I figured everyone else was too.
Pretzels are a lot of work. But the time we spent making them was time we would have otherwise spent watching TV. We are all ready to be well and leave the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment