Sunday, April 6, 2008

Handy Warren

This weekend Warren and Uncle Jay are putting a new roof on my mom's house. Luckily it only rained for a little while on them Saturday morning. They were bracing themselves for rain most of the weekend. They are pretty sore, but Mom has been cooking and feeding us good food. Yum!
The kids and I hung out most of the day yesterday and today. Our 'Big Plan' was for her to teach me how to make a dress. So we had a pattern and fabric ready to make a dress for Claire. It was an 'easy' sew in an hour dress, so we thought it would take about 3-4 hours to make, being realistic. Mom even joked that making the dress would seem so easy to me compared to quilting that I would probably run back to Jo-Ann's in the afternoon to get more fabric for another dress. Ha! It took all day yesterday to make the dress and I just finished the hem today, Sunday at 4pm. So their '1 hour' dress took me 28 hours. Needless to say I didn't rush out to buy more fabric. All kidding aside it wasn't too difficult and it would have been super easy if the pattern wasn't written so poorly, missing several steps and using cryptic tailor code. So I'm going to see how Claire likes the dress and if it is worn a ton and is her favorite maybe I'll give another pattern a shot. Otherwise I think I'll stick to quilting.
Claire starts Starfish class tomorrow!

No comments: