Today we went to the Space Needle with Mom. We got there only 5 minutes late for our 12:30pm lunch reservations. Considering we were toting 2 kids, one of which was asleep, I think that's pretty good! The view from the Space Needle was amazing. I loved the relaxing (yes even with 2 kids) experience of watching the view rotate as we ate lunch. It is a completely different experience from just going to the observation deck. If you have never been I would highly recommend it, but I checked out their menu and I would go for the weekend brunch instead of lunch.
Claire loved looking out the window and being so high up. She said the cars looked like toys. It was difficult to point things out to her, like see that helicopter, just to the left of that green building, about halfway out, you get the idea. It is very similar to can you get me that remote, the long one, with the red button, not that short one, the one to the left of it, yes! That one!
On the observation deck, I lifted Graham to several telescopes. He would look through one and as I lowered him down I would ask him what he saw. Now I looked through these things and I was pretty sure he saw nothing or a lot of blurriness. Each time he would look and say 'Boat!' then yell 'Key's (Claire's) turn!"
After the Space Needle we went to the Fun Forest. Claire and Grandma rode the Ferris Wheel. Then Claire, Graham and I rode the flying Dumbo ride, then the Carousel. Next we went the the Seattle Center for the free inflatable rides. Boy was I exhausted by this point. Then we made the hike back to the car and made our way through the traffic to home.
No comments:
Post a Comment