This weekend I was away from my whole family for the first time. Graham and I have gone out of town, so I have been away from Claire and Warren for a weekend, but this was the first time I went away by myself. I had a fair amount of anxiety Friday afternoon as I drove away. I was so relieved when I talked to Warren Saturday morning and everyone did OK during the night. From then on I was able to relax and scrapbook.
Saturday after lunch I went to vacuum my car which turned out to be a bigger deal than I thought, but I really wanted to get it done. It isn't often that I have both car seats out of my car and I really needed to take advantage. I drove to Clinton, on Whidbey Island, and I went to a few of the gas stations and I didn't see vacuums. I got a coffee and asked the barista, she said the closest one was in Bayview, did I know where Bayview was? No, well, go down Hwy 525, past 1 Big Apple grocery, down a big hill, up a big hill and before the 2nd Big Apple Grocery, it will be on you left. It took me 4 times with the vacuum, $4, with the $1 of quarters I had left over I bought an air freshener.
On the way back to the beach house, a deer was crossing the road. I stopped about 30 fee tin front of it, got my camera out and took pictures. In the meantime 2 more deer walked to the middle of the road. They watched me for a while. I took pictures of them and the view of the Sound. Then I went ahead and started inching towards them. They started to trot up the hill.
The rest of the time I scrapbooked, talked, was an adult, slept in, ate food someone else cooked and enjoyed the view. It was a great time and I look forward to the next one in the fall.
1 comment:
Im so glad you enjoyed your time. You deserve many breaks like this as you do so much for your frineds and family. Glad it was fun and everything went ok while you were gone.
Post a Comment