Monday, January 28, 2008

Let It Snow!

We woke up to a few inches of snow this morning. Grandma Mema spent the night, our plan was to go to storytime and then to the mall. Instead we played out in the snow, looked through photo albums, painted and made cookies. Luckily she was here, because I don't think I could have gone to get her. I ran down the hill to push a couple of people up, because I am so strong. Ha! No one took me up on it, though. I think I could've done it though.
After Claire painted her pictures, which was a bunch of her painted hand prints. I got the camera and asked her what she called her painting. And she said, I call it many hands. Makes sense.
For a week now Graham has been saying a new word, Jambo! And he says it like that, JAMBO! And we have been trying to figure out what it could possibly translate to. Well I figured it out yesterday. Warren and Claire went out to get manure for our garden and Graham and I stayed home to nap. While he and I were waking up we watched a Diego. In the episode Diego goes to Africa looking for elephants. Once there he meets a friend who speaks Swahili. He said Jambo to Diego and Graham yelled Jambo! Jambo is Swahili for Hello. So mystery solved. My son watches too much TV while I am not around. On the flip side he is learning Swahili.
Enjoy the snow! Looks like we are trapped in the house in the am tomorrow. We'll make it out as soon as we can to pick up Mema and go to the mall.

No comments: