Today when it was time to pick up Claire from school Graham was still napping. One of the advantages of Warren working from home is that if Graham is still napping, I don't have to carry him out to the car asleep when it's time to go pick Claire up, or take Claire to dance, etc. I went to pick Claire up and we stopped by the library and to the office supply store. First at the Library we returned books, then picked up our hold books and we swung by the bathroom to wash our hands. To try to avoid any germs she may have picked up at school.
Quick background on the library bathroom routine. First I wash Graham's hands, then I wash my hands and help Claire with hers. While doing this, Graham usually touches the toilet, so then I repeat step 1 and hold him between my legs while I wash my hands again. Then we quickly leave before he touches anything that would requires washing hands again, like the floor. An exhausting process, really.
So today it was just Claire and I, washing our hands in the bathroom. She looks at me in the mirror and says, 'This is easier without Graham' and honestly I must reply yes. Then she says 'But it's not as fun.' and I say No, you are right, it's not nearly as fun.
It is so wonderful that they love each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment