Can you believe that, I took absolutely no pictures this week. The kids did however have pictures taken at school, so I have those to share.
Tuesday, while Graham was at school, I went up to the courthouse to watch mom in court. She has been prepping for this trial for a long time over 6 months I think? It was nice to get to go, she had spent so much time on this case and it was great to to see her in action. I am so proud of her!
Wednesday night was Claire's first official Daisy meeting. We have her vest and daisy petals ordered, they should come this week.
Thursday was Claire's school conference she is right where she is supposed to be with reading, social, science, etc. She got 100% on her math test. It really is amazing how much math they are expected to know at this age. We are so proud of her. Her teacher says she has compassion and empathy that is rare to see come so naturally in a child.
Friday Claire had her first school playdate at someone's house. We invite someone over just about every week and this was the first time she went home after school with another child.
Saturday night for date night Warren and I went to Home Depot, I know, exciting, it gets better, then we went to Petco. We were looking for solutions for some inappropriate urination issues. Then date night gets better, we had Indian for dinner and then went to wine tasting. The focus was bubbly to pair with thanksgiving dishes. So with each wine we had a bit of turkey, ham, tiramisu, cheesecake, pear, etc. Plus our next door neighbors were there, so we got to sit and chat with them.
*********SPOILER******
Then we headed home for the season finale of Project Runway. Stop now if you don't want to know the winner of Project Runway. I understand why they chose who they chose and why they didn't chose my choice. They were all so good. Carol Hannah was my favorite, I loved the colors and how fun and playful her collection was, she was going for a fairytale feeling and she achieved it, she neglected to tell them that on the runway and that probably hurt her. My second choice was Althea, her collection was so versatile, so wearable and had that fabulous green dress. Neither Carol Hannah or Althea's collection had a common thread to hold the collection together, that will come with experience, so Irena won because she had that element. Irena's was very well put together, well thought out and the accessories were a great touch. Her collection definitely was the most cohesive, but it was also all BLACK. For me it was too black, too hard and uninteresting. The t-shirt was a nice surprise, I'll give her that. Enough on that, all 3 ladies did a fabulous job and they will have have successful careers in fashion.
**********End Spoiler************
Today was bookclub and it was a great way to finish the week. I have such a fun time with this group. We had a visitor from Wisconsin and a new baby to hold, oh and a yummy breakfast dish. There was of course a discussion of the book. :)
For next week, Monday I am heading back to see the closing statements in mom's trial. Everyday is an early release day, Tuesday we have swimming, Wednesday Graham has soccer, then it's Turkey Day and Black Friday!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Danielle
No comments:
Post a Comment