Monday, June 1, 2009

Charity Quilt

I finished the first quilt that is not my own. Technically the auction quilt was not mine either. But this was the first quilt I quilted that I did not piece. We affectionately call this quilt my 'growth' quilt. It presented many challenges, all of which I overcame. But it was a long month, a lot of phone calls to my dealer, lots of machine tweaks, some new gadget purchases and one small breakdown. Hence the growth quilt. I learned so much with this quilt and therefore have much more confidence. It is en route to the American Hero charity group and will soon be gifted to a wounded soldier. Graham was kind enough to take a picture of me while I tied off the threads....

Pictures of the quilting, all are on the slide show as well.

With this post I am officially caught up on posts! Whoo hoo!

Danielle

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I love the pic of you, looks liek you are working so hard! The quilt is beautiful, we look forward to seeing you tommorow