Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last Day Of Kindergarten

For the last day of school another mom and I planned the last day of school party. I found this graduation hat cookie project online. We took marshmallow pinwheel cookies and 'glued' them with chocolate frosting to a chocolate graham cracker cookie and added a red piece of licorice for the tassel. It was a snack and craft combo. Of course I had a healthy snack as well. :) I has printed out autograph books and the kids walked around to get phone numbers and say goodbye.
Claire gave the teacher her gift....only she told her she had a gift, then promptly was distracted with socializing and missed her opening it.
We did a little scavenger hunt and then it was time to clean up and go!
The line from kindergartner to first grader....
Each child could pick to give the teacher a hug, hand-shake or high five as they crossed the line. Claire opted for a hug. Here is the big first grader!!!!
Congratulations Claire!!!!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I thought your mom got the quilt? What a great gift. I cant belive she is a big first grader, where does the time go? Congrats Claire, I am so proud of all your hard work

Danielle said...

I made 2 quilts, one for the auction and one for the teacher.