Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tae Kwon Do - Yellow Stripe
Last week Claire got her first stripe added to her white belt in Tae Kwon Do. She wanted a new belt so bad and this was a nice compromise. Disclaimer - I am new to Tae Kwon Do and not sure on the terminology, but I think this is a good summary of what happened. For learning her first 5 steps in the Pumsae, which is a performance of a series of technical patterns of martial arts, she got a yellow stripe to add to her white belt. When she learns the next 2 she will get another stripe, so on and so forth until she is ready to try for the yellow belt. I have attached the video, I started it late, I wish I had gotten her doing the first 5 patterns, but Graham was asleep on me. She finished and the instructor asked her to remain standing and he went to get the stripe, that is when I start taping. Claire looks so scared, I can tell she's afraid she has done something wrong and she wants to sit down. But then she gets the stripe and the look on her face is pure excitement and joy, I don't know that I have ever seen her that thrilled. I am glad I have it on tape and I can forever remember that look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's great! So, do you like this Tae Kwon Do place? I have been thinking about that for awhile.
great job Claire!
Post a Comment