Stefanie is here and I have commandeered her camera. I just measured our snow and we have
10 inches! I have a permanent seat on the couch and I watch the hill and monitor how cars are doing making it up and down. The neighborhood kids have been sledding down the down side, so it is pretty icy, but so far cars seem to slide down the hill nicely. The up side is more tricky, only SUVs and all wheel drive are making it up. The little cars make it about half way, wheels start spinning and they slide backwards. All wheel drive vehicles make it up, but need to gun it to get past the spinning part. It is especially tricky because there are so many kids out sledding. The letter carrier didn't even make it up!
Yes, my little window has been more entertaining than the TV. Yesterday Stef and I watched the neighbors across the street for half and hour make a snowgirl. She was a good 6 feet tall, anatomically correct and they we even using a electric saw to sculpt her. I was excited to walk over and see her when she was done and then they knocked her down with a dust plan. They had a snow ball fight with her dismembered parts and threw them into the air.
Yes, my little window has been more entertaining than the TV. Yesterday Stef and I watched the neighbors across the street for half and hour make a snowgirl. She was a good 6 feet tall, anatomically correct and they we even using a electric saw to sculpt her. I was excited to walk over and see her when she was done and then they knocked her down with a dust plan. They had a snow ball fight with her dismembered parts and threw them into the air.I also saw a neighbor fall down our hill, she was hurt pretty bad. I ran outside and called to her, but I couldn't hear her and she still hadn't gotten up. So I quick woke Warren up to watch the kids and I bundled up to help her. I helped her back to her house, she hurt her tailbone and was faint.
This morning Graham and I cuddled on the couch before everyone else got up. We looked out my window and talked. He asked me if I wanted to go outside and I said Sure, do you? He said no! I laughed and laughed. Then he pointed outside to a tree covered in snow and asked if that was our Christmas tree and I said yes.
A neighbor came running over, a pipe had burst in her garage and she needed help turning off the water line, so Warren got his tools and headed to her house. Pictures of my bored kids!
Warren and the neighbors spent 3 plus hours shoveling the hill to get into our neighborhood. It is now safe to get up and down the hill, who hoo! We left the house to go to Fred Meyer and McDonald's. The roads are still pretty bad, the main streets aren't even as good as you'd expect. Fred Meyer was packed. The excitement of being out after 5 days was too much for Graham and he fell asleep while we shopped






1 comment:
I cant belive your street, I had to look at it a few times to figure out what I was looking at! I know the roads must be harsh if you say they are bad!You drive in any weather condition! Have a wonderful night, Im so glad to see photos again!
Post a Comment