On Friday the kids took me to the doctor, we got new hats this week so they put them on for the big trip out. In the morning when Claire asked what we were doing that day I said they were going to take me to the doctor. She replied, but I can't drive and I told her I would drive and she could walk me in. They did so great in the office, you can see Claire with a backpack on in the picture, I had filled it up with toys and it kept them entertained for the visit.
On Saturday we ran a bunch of errands and the local outdoor mall was having a new playground structure unveiling. It is a pirate ship so they brought some pirates in and pony rides for the kids. We waited in line for about 20 minutes for the pony rides. Claire watched the ponies and the people. I tried to get a math session in. I timed how long one ride was, counted the number of ponies, then counted the number of children in front of us. Then I walked her through the math to figure out how long we had left to wait. I don't think she really listened to me, but I had fun and I'm sure some of it sunk in. She had a pony picked out that she wanted to ride, it was a pretty brown and whited speckled horse. When we got to the front of the line, she was the last child, so there was only one pony left and it wasn't the one she wanted, but the one left was also the smallest pony. The owner asked if she would mind waiting and letting a smaller child ride. I said that was fine, she wanted the brown pony anyway, he was the biggest. So it worked out great, she got to ride Oliver, the pony she had been watching for the last 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment