Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quilting and Bumblebees

Mom and I spent Veteran's Day quilting. There is a long-arm quilting machine at a local quilt shop that we rent to quilt our quilts. It is a lot 'easier' and faster than using our home machine. I have had some questions about what this thing is I go and rent, so I had mom take a picture of me. Here's my disclaimer, I am sick and wearing comfortable clothes, we were there for 7 hours. You can see my quilt on the machine and see the machine is large, the frame is 12 feet long. Good news we finished the quilting, adding up all the trips to rent the machine, this one took 10 hours to quilt. Before mom and I left for quilting, the kids put balloons under their shirts in the back. Graham said he was a rocket booster, I told Claire she looked like a bumblebee.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Yes, you wouldnt want ot put that machine in your trunk would you!:)
Hope you all feel better!