We went to Graham's Toddler class yesterday. It is held at the preschool that he will start once he turns 3. The group he is with are all very close to 3 so we have begun to back off on the parent participation and increase the 'preschool' type activities and decrease the 'toddler' type activities. We are sitting on our mat in circle, working on taking turns, sitting through stories and learning letter sounds. Graham is doing fantastic and is really getting closer to being ready for preschool. Yesterday we did a 'performance' song. Working on the skill of standing in a line in front of a group and singing a song. Graham knows this song, but you can see in the video he is mostly focused on the pizza box and standing in front of a group. He gets distracted once and runs over to the pictures on the wall, but returns quickly and manages to sing one line of the song. I think it is so cute how the box is clearly bothering him on the chin, but he holds the box with one hand and scratches his chin with the other. It reminds me of when he was younger and if his pants got wet, he would hobble around holding his pant leg up with one hand.
We are home sick today. I hope to get another post out, I have one ready to go, but I am also hoping to take a nap. It feels like they are both changing so much this past month and I have lots I want to remember.
Danielle
1 comment:
Good Job Graham, he is getting so big so fast! I need to go one week so I can check out the school:)
Post a Comment