Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Soccer & the Park

Yesterday Graham had his first soccer class with his new uniform. The boys looked so grown up and are really getting the routine of the class down.
This morning we went to the park before school and Claire climbed the big spider web toy. Graham has been challenging this week. We drove to our usual park, no one was there and Graham started crying that he didn't like that park, since no one was there we drove to another one. He started crying at that one too, I had to carry him crying to the park. Once he started playing he was fine. But seriously? Crying that he doesn't want to go to the park? Later in the afternoon we met Logan at the park while Claire was at school. He played for about an hour and then rode his scooter to the car and said he was ready to go home. He clearly needed a nap and when we got home I rocked him, he was screaming for Warren, Help me Daddy, Help me Daddy, no rocking Mommy.
Aunt Stefanie mailed the kids a package and we opened it at dinner. We had a funny conversation, it went something like this:
Claire - You know Aunt Stafanie can drive?
Me - Yes, she can drive
Claire - You want to know something interesting?
Me - What?
Claire - She can drive and she doesn't have kids
Me - True
Claire - So when I am older I am going to drive
Warren - Sure, you can start tomorrow
Claire - No, I'm not old enough. How old is Aunt Stefanie?
Me - Aunt Steffie is ##.
Claire - That's when I will start driving then, when I am ##.
It is so interesting how their thought processes go. Working through in her head that driving and having kids are not mutually exclusive. It was also sweet that she is wanting to be like Aunt Stefanie when she grows up.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That spider web looks cool, which park is that the "porta potty park"!:)