Monday, September 1, 2008

Home again, Home again

We are home and all so glad! The journey home felt almost as long as the whole week, joking but really.....
We left the resort at 10:15am and drove to the ferry.
We had an hour and 15 minute wait, had lunch and tried to get some postcard stamps and postcards mailed. On the ferry ride Claire and I played War and Crazy Eights. From the ferry to mom's house, Graham fell asleep, Claire played with her dolls and I read a book. I felt us begin to exit and I looked up and realized, Warren had driven us home instead of to mom's. So we turned around and headed back to mom's, an extra 40 minutes added to our trip. Right after we turned around Warren said we might run out of gas. Sure enough I felt the car start to drag and I saw the gas tank light. We managed to make it to the gas station and to mom's. Dropped the kids off and headed home. Mom had bought us some steaks for dinner, which we forgot and had to head BACK to pick up. I thought we would never get home But we did, we unpacked, ate the fabulous steaks and watched Project Runway before passing out. What a vacation! So glad to be home!