Sunday, July 13, 2008

Water Park Getaway

This weekend we went to the water park. OMG is was fabulous! We had so much fun and are so exhausted.
We got to the park at noon on Saturday and immediately started swimming. We started off in the shallow part, but it didn't take long for Warren and Claire to move on to the water slides. They did the small sized ones for a while and then graduated to the medium ones. There was only 1 that she couldn't go on, you need to be 48" for that one, but the medium sized ones you need to be 42", so those were the ones we did the most. When given a kid-free moment Warren went on the big one, but mom and I skipped it. Up to 4 people ride together in a special quad tube. As Austin would say, that's not my bag, baby. OK, I admit, I have been watching old VHS movies while I quilt lately, my collection is of course in alphabetical order so after the Austin Powers quotes you can look for some quotes from Friday or Forest Gump, but I digress.
Graham really enjoyed the wave pool. He liked to have someone help him jump as the waves came crashing in. There was a rope monkey bar stretching the length of the pool suspended over lily pads that Claire got quite experienced at. Both Graham and Claire liked the pool basketball. Graham got tired every couple of hours and we would wrap him up in towels and he would zone for a bit, after an hour nap or just resting he would be ready to go again, but I could start to count on the 2 hour mark, he would need to rest.
After a day of the water park we got dressed for bed and went to the hotel story time and got
'magic wands.' The park has a magic quest game were you go on a scavenger hunt around the hotel, waving the wand and certain objects, magic crystals, trees, pictures on the wall, treasure chests which respond when you wave your wand at them. There is a book and an order, specific quests, adventures, runes to acquire, yada, yada, it got a little too geeky for me to follow. Mostly the kids just liked waving the wand at a star on the ceiling and having it twinkle at them or waving it in front of a lantern and fire would appear, wooooo. For a while Claire would run up to other guests and tell them all about her 'magic wand.' It really IS magic she would say. Warren got pretty into the game and I think is he hadn't been so tired he would have been roaming the halls well into the evening finishing the quest he and Claire started but was cut short because the wand was dusty inside and needed a jump from the technical support people.
We had a fabulous time! There is so much more to say. It was soooo well planned out, OK they could have had a few more towel locations, but I think that was my only thing. There were lifeguards everywhere, everyone was friendly, and the room was fantastic. Plus the hotel was booked and the water park didn't feel crowded at all. We can't wait to go back. Thank you Grandma for taking us!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

We want to go!!!!

Jen said...

Sounds wonderful! Do you have a link, or just the full name (I always forget it...)?