Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last Thursday

Once again I am behind! We had an action packed day last Thursday and I want to remember all of it!
In the morning, when we dropped Claire off at summer school we took 2 carrots from our farm to share with BB Bunny the school pet. BB is 15 years old and he enjoys simple pleasures like carrots with the greens intact.
When we picked Claire up from summer school we went to the mall, Claire's shoes were tight and we needed to have her feet measured. Sure enough she was a half size bigger, so she tried on shoes and picked out a pair of tennis shoes and Mary Jane's. Graham's feet on the other hand had not grown, we just got him a size up shoes last month. But not to be left out, he tried on a pair of display shoes, see picture.
We played for a bit then got a pretzel. By this time it is 6pm and we eat our pretzel outside. There is a summer concert prepping for a 7pm show. Claire is interested, when we finish our pretzel we go to investigate. We watch them test their microphones, plug in guitars, etc for a bit. I read the concert series lineup to Claire, the name of the band getting ready is Abby Road Live, before I can process I read the second line, a Beatles tribute band, and the I say, Oh, that makes sense. I tell Claire that they would know the Octopus's Garden and Yellow Submarine. So in typical Claire style she heads up to the band and says she has an Octopus dance, the lead singer asks her what her name is, she says Claire and he asks her if she wants to come up on stage and dance when they play the song. She say OK. So now we must wait until 7pm, we really have no choice. We eat some pineapple I have packed. When that is gone, I start singing songs, like 5 green and speckled frogs. Local restaurants come by with samples. I question whether I can entertain 2 kids for a whole hour in the middle of the outdoor mall. Finally the concert begins, the kids dance, we have fun, then the time has come, Claire is invited onstage, she twirls and twirls until I think she will fall over from dizziness or one of the million cords they have up there. Graham says 'me next' the whole time like a mantra. The video I did gets very shaky by the end as I try to steady the camera with one hand and keep Graham in my lap with the other.
When the pole dancing started we left, see photo, that's where I draw the line.
More soon!
Danielle
Claire quote of the Day - "When I am a mommy I will let my children watch as much TV as they want. But when it is time to go I will turn the TV off. I will let them decide when they want to go. I will need to learn how to drive before I grown up."

No comments: