Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our Sick Little Guy

On Wednesday Graham started limping, you had to look really close to see it though. I asked him if his leg hurt, he said no way! So I didn't worry about it too much. Thursday afternoon we were at the park and it was an obvious limp. He was swinging his leg as though his hip hurt and when he stood he would slightly lift his right foot off the ground. I mentally began making plans to call the pediatrician in the morning, rearranging our day in my head. Friday morning after 30 minutes on the phone hitting redial I finally had an appointment and we all filed into the office at 10:10am. Our pediatricain checked Graham out, lots of poking, looking for rashes, etc. then watched him walk/limp down the hallway. Next we had bloodwork drawn. We got initial counts back and those looked good, but the blood culture didn't come back until this (Saturday) morning. The blood work ruled out arthritis, looks like bacterial infection is unlikely (complete results will take 7 days) and it is most likely a virus that has settled in his hip joint. So he is doing well. We finally got the stubborn guy to take some ibuprophen and his fever broke. He is still limping and not quite himself. We will talk to the pediatrican in the morning if he is still limping and decide next steps from there. I'll update tomorrow and appreciate all the kind thoughts that have come our way. The posted picture is Friday morning, I set him in the chair in our bedroom to watch me get ready in the bathroom. He said, my blanket, my pillow. I got those and the thermomter. After I took his temp, he took a turn and cuddled up with his blanket and pillow, Danielle

No comments: