Friday, May 8, 2009

Showered with Love

Claire's class had a Mother's Day celebration yesterday. Warren and Claire made cookies earlier in the week. Fabulous sandwich cookies with chocolate filling. The children served us treats and soda. Then they pampered us with hand massage and makeovers. When I packed the lotion in the morning, I wondered how that was going to go. Claire refuses lotion, hates to touch it. She clearly didn't want to, but she made an effort to give me a hand massage and it was perfect. They gave us each a gift, a cookbook with recipes the children wrote. That made me start crying, of course! Then they each came to the front, showed a portrait they had drawn of us and told what they liked about their moms. Claire said she loved me because I was nice to her. There were 3 children whose moms couldn't make it or were late, so I had Claire ask them if they wanted to help her with my makeover. I was so proud of her for sharing her mom. I had fun, showing them how to use the brushes and what went where. But 4 kindergartners make for a dramatic makeover. Before..... After.....Don't I look fabulous?
It gets better, then they sang a song and recited a poem.

We did go to karate afterwards and I was glad to be with other mom's that understood. Claire's teacher offered me a wipe before we left and I said, no thank you but inside I thought absolutely not. I didn't clean up my face until late last night. Warren kept saying I can't take you seriously like that.

What a wonderful week it has been already. Off to my next Mother's Day celebration at Graham's school!

2 comments:

Kakali said...

Dabielle,
You do look fabulous after the makeover :)
That was funny & sweet.
Kakali

Jenna said...

your are such a great mom, Claire will always remmeber how her mommy didnt wipe off the makeup! I love the new look