We had fun on MLK day, Warren had the day off, I got a massage and then we all went to see the Princess and the frog. Warren went to Claire's school before school Thursday for doughnuts, so I got the morning off from being chauffeur, that was nice. Claire had her girl scout troop meeting Friday night, the girls sold some serious cookies, so we will be having a super fun party, bowling, swimming or chuck e cheese, the girls get to vote. We also have site sales, good times, if you want to see Claire and I sitting outside a grocery store pushing cookies, let me know!
I tried to get a video of swimming this week, but I missed Claire doing her stuff, but I got a photo. She is working on staying on the black line so she swims straight.
Here is Graham swimming tall arms, he is supposed to get up to 7 seconds, he has made a big improvement this session, he used to run toward the side of the pool then quick go under and swim a stroke or 2. Now he is running a bit less and swimming a couple more strokes. I doubt he will pass this session, but I seem to remember this one taking Claire while too.
On Saturday we went to the Art Museum. Warren got us some tickets to the museum last year at Claire's school auction. I was waiting until we had a weekend with nothing planned, it finally happened this weekend. Which was good because they expire in March. They had a crayon rubbing craft for the kids. We watched a video on pottery and one on using melted glass to burn paper. Claire really liked this one, we were watching the video and I asked her if she remembered seeing that type of art in the museum, the was in the open area that spans the 3 floors. In the picture below, it is just over Claire right shoulder on the back wall. She didn't remember it, so I took her over to a 'window' where we could see it from the 3rd floor. It was so fun to see it all click, then she went back to the video. A high school boy came in and she 'taught' him, just like I had taught her. Bless his heart he walked over with her to see it.

I learned this weekend that art museums don't have mummy's. I don't think I have ever been to a museum that didn't have a mummy. I guess bigger towns (than we have in iowa) are more specialized. Apparently I need to go to a Natural History museum. After 12 years in a metropolitan area, I am still learning.
More next week, Danielle
PS - I really wanted to see a mummy.....
No comments:
Post a Comment