And Graham and his friend exchanged flowers, here comes the foreshadowing, they had a great hug, which I didn't get a picture of......
So we wait for the bus and we wait and we wait, the kids play and we wait. We were there 10 minutes early, so I knew we didn't miss it and even if we did miss it it loops back around and we certainly wouldn't have missed that. I look down at my watch and the bus is 15 minutes late and it is school start time. So I get on the phone with the bus barn and load the kids in the car to head to school. We get Claire to school, I won't post all the details of the missing bus since this is a public blog.So now I have a sick, tired boy and we are heading to a park a distance away and it is 45 minutes later than I thought it would be. Even with these obstacles and this nagging in my head, we go anyway.
We get to the park, Graham gets out of the car and says he wants to hug Logan. I say wait for me and I collect the bags, I watch them hug, it is so sweet, then I see them slowly falling backwards onto the cement. Crap, I drop the bags and run. Logan smacked the back of his head and Graham was crying, but I didn't see him hurt anywhere and then I saw the blood and looked at his finger and there was a huge gash, well as huge as you can get on a 3 year olds pinkie.
We walked into the park and I tried to distract him, get him to play look at the airplanes in the sky after 5 minutes of not being able to calm him down, which is very unlike him I started to worry it was broken.
So we got into the car and headed toward the pediatrician, they were closed for lunch, so I drove and when it was 1 I called, they had no appointments and they would send us to urgent care anyway since they do not have an x-ray machine. Oh, that reminds me, my daughter had an x-ray last week and I haven't heard the results, can you have a nurse call me? Graham was asleep so I took him home and decided to see how he was when he woke up. I watched for swelling and reached back every once in a while and tried to move his pinkie. He would jerk when I touched it, I didn't like that.
So now we are home, Graham woke up crying, the nurse calls, I get the results on Claire but was very distracted, when we are done talking about Claire I ask if I can talk about my son. I tell her the story and she asks a bunch of questions about the cut, which I am NOT even worried about. She wants to know how deep it is, is it still bleeding, etc. Now I am panicking about the cut.
So we go in, they clean it out, there is a lot of dirt in it, they use a little brush and tweezers to pick the dirt out. Boy am I glad THEY did that, he wouldn't even let me pour hydrogen peroxide on it, but the doctor can tweeze it? Sigh of relief it is not broken. The doctor said he would have put 3 stitches in if there had been any skin to stitch.
From now on when events conspire against me I am listening!!! Do you hear me, I am listening!
If you got this far, please vote for a new name, please...pretty, please. Oh and I can't change the poll because someone has voted, but consider Fluffy changed to Puffy.
3 comments:
What a day! It's hard to listen to the Universe when it is telling you not to do something you really want to do huh? :) I have a few memories of taking the kids places when everything was telling me not to, I always regretted it!
Glad G is OK, what was C's x-ray about?
What is up with your business name?? Finely Finished didn't work??
She snores and they wanted to check her adenoids, but they are fine, not sure what happens next, talk to the pediatrician on Monday.
There is a woman in the state with Finely Finished, so I decided to pass on it. Ugggggh! It was a great name.
That was a tough day
Post a Comment