Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Park & Auction Quilt

Well we are better this week and out in public! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday Graham and I went to the park while Claire was at school. Here are some pictures from today.
I have been furiously working on the auction quilt for Claire's school. I have the sashing (blue fabric) and borders (orange fabric) quilted. I ran out of the thread for the handprint blocks. My shop is out, so I have some coming from a shop online. Should be here Friday. In the meantime I will get the binding, label and hanging sleeve ready. The auction preview night is Tuesday. I work best when I have a deadline. So far I have only had to rip the quilting out of one block. Truth be told, I have about a 4 inch square left to quilt on the border, but I ran out of bobbin thread, wound a new bobbin and then the tension was all off. After 15 minutes of working on the tension I gave up. All will be right as rain tomorrow, I'm sure, ha!
On the border I did a paisley type meander, playing off the paisleys in the fabric.
Here is the bottom half of the quilt. When the thread comes in I can roll back to the spots that didn't get quilted. That is the teacher's handprint in the bottom corner.
Have I mentioned how fabulous it is to have a longarm? It is fabulous.

No comments: