We had Graham's circle time class in the morning, went home to take a nap then headed to the mall for Santa photos! Luckily I noticed around 11am that my shirt was on inside out. Whew! I took a nap while Graham napped. Clearly I needed it, not being able to dress myself and all. I was only interrupted 3 times, once to change the TV for Claire, once when the man that delivers our meat knocked on the door and the final time when Graham woke up. We all walked from the car to the mall, Claire pushed the stroller and we reviewed the 'guidelines' for sitting on Santa's lap.
Guidelines - If Graham cries we look at the camera and smile, while we want to comfort him, and that's so sweet, we don't, just look at the camera and smile. Don't prolong the torture any longer than necessary, that is the real goal I have. It's not that I want him to suffer, I want it to be over quick. Smile, click, done.
Once confronted with Santa, Claire decided she wanted to sit on Santa's lap by herself. No problem, independence is great, we go with the flow. Claire sat on Santa's lap to show him how it's done, then Graham sat on his lap and cried up a storm. So much for my prep work, does it ever go the way you thought it would? Well, I guess I had the crying part right. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment